HURT BOX 100
Charity Cycling Event
The Hurt Box 100 is back!
Presented by Giant Cycling Club Sydney and open to all riders, the Hurt Box on Sunday 26 November is 100km of hills around Akuna Bay and West Head to raise funds and awareness for the GO Foundation, creating opportunities for indigenous youth through education.
So grab some mates and prepare to hurt for a good cause!
“Welcome to the 2017 Hurt Box 100 – Giant Cycling Club Sydney’s annual charity fundraiser, open to all cyclists keen for a great challenge while helping to give indigenous youth a leg up in life.
The 2017 edition will be held on the 26th November on the same now almost famous 101km 2000m vertical course as last year.
This year we are supporting Adam Goodes’ foundation GO, empowering indigenous youth through education. https://www.gofoundation.org.au/
Entry fee: for GCCS members is $50 and for non-members will be $60. Included in your entry is BBQ sausage sizzle and cool drink. The McCarrs Creek Reserve is great for kids so bring the family.
- Registration will open at 6:15am.
- Starting time will be 7:00am sharp, please allow extra time for parking up and registration.
- Where: We start and finish McCarrs Creek Reserve, Church Point.
- Parking: there is paid parking available at the reserve.
- Toilets: are available at the reserve.
- Course route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1233692548
- Insurance: All riders MUST have a NSW or Cycling Australia licence. Alternatively a day licence can be purchased at registration on the day. A day licence fee is estimated at $10 subject to confirmation from CNSW.
- Helmets are mandatory, and riders should ensure their bikes are in good working order and should carry spare tube, pump, tyre levers etc.
- There will be limited places for refilling water bottles, cyclists are expected to be self-sufficient.
- Note that event ogranisers (Giant Cycling Club Sydney) reserve the right to cancel the event without prior notice. Any cancellation will likely be due to wet weather or dangerous conditions. A cancellation notice will be posted on this site and every effort made to provide as much advance notice as possible. Riders should check this site or GCCS facebook site 24 hours before the event and prior to leaving home on the day.
- Refunds will not be made, with all proceeds from entries being donated to the charity.